Medieval Blacksmith Moc for Lego Castle Town

I wanted a Blacksmith shop for my Lego Castle town, so I made up a little Moc with what I had enough pieces of.  I didn't have a door to spare, so that with the desire to save pieces and see inside the forge led to the use of arches on the under-croft-mix of colors to save pieces on that part.  The top is to mimic half timber or wattle and daub-goes well with the 6086: Black Knight's Castle as which it is in the same town.  Also got some inspiration from old idea books.  Here's some more photos of the build (please ignore the few dusty pieces-I just dug them all out of storage, and was too eager to see if I had enough to build what I wanted to wait to wash them all-haha!


Finally, the minifigures I populated it with-men were from the Lego Dark Forest sets of the 1990s.  I never did get a female minifigure with a skirt, or even medieval top, so went with this as it reminded me of her having a apron on to work around the house-kind of like the blacksmith and apprentice's leather clothes reminded me of.  I though the red hair on the far right one from the old Aquazone Shark Scout looked like he was really hot and working hard.

For a video tour:


Comments