Lego Imperial Trading Port MOC

One of the first things I built coming out of my "Lego Dark Ages"-first MOC I built in years or decades!! 

You see, I liked LEGO 6277 Imperial Trading Post, made up my mind too late that I wanted it that holiday season and it wasn't available in the local store anymore, I think we even called Lego and they were out, this was before the days of the internet.  But my friend and Lego buddy got it-when he threw out the box, I kept it.  Then a year or two later, something exciting happened, he decided he'd "outgrown Lego" and wanted to sell his collection and my Dad bought it for my sister and I.  I built the set up, added my gun station from 1723-1: Castle / Pirates Value Pack, and built an extra building to go with it. It looked something like this for many years, even after I quit playing much, I had it on a shelf and liked looking at it.


But over the years my friend realized one never outgrows Lego and both he and his mom at different times let us know if we ever wanted to sell, they'd be happy to buy his Lego back.  I wasn't interested in parting with my Lego, but as the years passed, and he started having children of his own, I decided it was time for his Lego to go home, so I set aside the kits I could (one or two were so mixed with our pieces or unsure who originally owned, they couldn't be split) and gave them back to him.  I did what I could with what I had left, but this is about what I had left, kind of odd looking by itself.  While still fond of my Lego, I didn't quite have the time or interest in making something better.


Then I decided I had a spare self, it was time to dig my Lego out of the three bankers boxes that had carefully stored them, and I decided to try to see what MOC I could make to have a port again.  For having a grand total of 3 or 4 small pirate kits, 1 Mini-figure Set and 1 accessory pack I think it turned out pretty good.  I used the same color scheme and just used the bricks I had on hand (other than 3 base plates from Dollar Tree for the 2nd and 3rd floors) so that meant castle doors and fences for windows, but I'm happy with it.  I'll share about the ship I managed to piece together later, for now, here's the Port MOC.

First floor storage, eating, cooking and meeting room, as well as cannon.

 Second floor, larger windows as it needs less defensive ability.  Top of stairs plus ladder to second gun turret.  Also treasury, armory, commander's office, and supply of books and charts. 

 Some more artistic shots

Here are the mini-figures I used, some from classic Pirate/Imperial figures, some from a later Imperial mini-figure set I bought, and some I pieced together from town figures and accessory packs.  Really need some more muskets for my soldiers, but for the time being they have pistols.
Commander, orderly, two captains or officials
Soldiers, standard barer, and officer
Sargent (with what I used as telescope before they came out with that piece) and two artillery men, one as a corporal.   Yes, those are equestrian jackets, and I'm not sure why I changed the arms to white, but too afraid the plastic has gotten brittle with age to change them back, and I think they look okay)
Merchant/boss and dock worker

If you'd like to see a video of the port, check it out here:

Comments